Friday, December 4, 2009

DECOY TIME!

Now that it's starting to get cold out (finally), I'll be stoking the basement wood stove more often and spending nights and weekends putting decoys together. I ordered supplies from Van Dyke's Taxidermy Supply today, and stopped by the local WalMart and Lowe's Home Improvement store for other odds and ends.

Andy Edwards holding a tom I killed in Tennessee in spring, 2009.  His spurs will stay at home, but the rest of the bird will be a decoy available for purchase in the coming weeks!


There are still a few client-killed birds to turn into deeks, but I have several donated birds that will be mounted for sale to whoever wants them. The 2010 pricing will remain $300 for a tom or hen decoy, and $500 for a tom/hen pair. Anyone that's interested is welcome to email me at thrillkilldecoys@live.com

And as always, if you'd like to know more about full-mount decoys than this blog tells you, just drop me a line!  Just don't ask for trade secrets!






2008 Hen Decoy covered with our custom carrying bag



Propper skinning is the first step to any good turkey mount.  Email for tips!



No comments:

Post a Comment